Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Return to American Tunes

The Album: Going back to local tunes, I want to look at is Exile on Mainstream, by Matchbox Twenty. This is a great album, mostly, in my opinion, because it included a lot of their older songs that I used to listen to when I was a younger. I like some some of their new songs, such as How Far We've Come, but I really like being able to listen to 3 A.M. and Push again after many years. What's sad is that before I got this album and listened to it, I didn't realize that all of these older songs were done by the same band. Back when these songs first came out, I didn't pay attention to the bands so I never knew that they were all done by the same one. I know that this is an older album, but I still recommend it to anyone looking for that nostalgic sound.

The Song: For the song, I want to go back to the Beat Crusaders' song Tonight, Tonight, Tonight. I first heard this song used as one of the opening songs to the anime Bleach. This song includes a cool lead guitar part, a steady rhythm, and is just over all cool. The music video is also really cool; the band is performing on stage with giant helium balloons on their heads. While playing the song, a few of the band members float around the stage, attached to the stage by cords. This song is also the first song by the band that I had heard so it's because of this song that I have gone on to pursue more songs by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment